Thursday, June 14, 2012

Teacher Talk Thursday: Birthday Wreath

To help narrow my topics I've decided to come up with a little blogging schedule. I figured I'd limit the teacher talk to Tuesdays and Thursdays. With that said I've been working on lots of fun little projects over the summer. Yesterday I put together this beauty...
I have been seeing these pop up all over pinterest. I'm so excited to be able to put it up in my classroom for each kiddies birthday. A necessary project? No. Super cute? You better believe it.

To make your own special birthday wreath you will need...
2 packages of 72 balloons

Pipe cleaners

Straight pins

A straw wreath (leave the plastic on to avoid a huge mess) 

Once you've collected your materials this wreath is super easy to put together. Take 1 balloon and fold it in half. Place one pin through the balloon and then press firmly into the wreath. 

Continue adding your balloons to your wreath... This is a great time to turn on the tunes or one of your favorite shows you've been waiting to watch on dvr :) 

Once your wreath is completely filled twist your pipe cleaners around your finger to make them swirly. Stick them piper cleaners into the wreath to add a little extra flare. 


I can't wait to put this up in my classroom. You could keep it put away until someone's birthday or you could put this up on the birthday bulletin board for a little added flare. Either way it will be completly adorable and super fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment