Friday, March 4, 2016

Teething Problems

We are in full blown teething mode over here. Little girl finally had her first tooth break through on Monday. I swear she is covered in more drool each and every day. I have been on the hunt for some remedies that will help soothe her pain. We have LOVED these mesh feeders. I have been filling them with frozen blueberries or frozen mango. She will sit in her high chair and chew on it for a good 20 minutes. The relief it provides is well worth the 20 minutes I get to spend scrubbing down the juices from every nook and cranny of her high chair after she is finished.



My pre Mommy self use to walk through the baby section and see the coveted Sophie the Giraffe and roll my eyes. Who would spend 25 dollars on a rubber chew toy I said. Sophie ended up being a shower gift so we kept her. I still couldn't buy into all the hype and I worried that Sophie would become a very expensive chew toy for our dog Kinnick. Fast forward a few short months and I am officially a believer. Ava loves Sophie. We take her with wherever we go. She often can be found in her car seat grasping onto Sophie for dear life while she naps. Full disclosure: I may or may not have found Ava really going to town chewing on a textured rubber ring that did indeed belong to her puppy the other day. Oops.

The only way for this Mama to make it through this teething business is with lots of coffee. Please bring on all the coffee. Ava has been waking up 6 times a night just screaming in pain. There is not much we can do to soothe her. It just breaks my heart. I hate the feeling of not being able to make it all better. Of course this has all fallen during conference time when we get to work 8 AM- 8 PM days at school. I keep telling myself this too shall pass but until then cheers to sleepless nights, loads of caffeine, and Sophie the giraffe.


What did you do to help your little one cope with teething?

No comments:

Post a Comment