Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIY St. Patricks Day Wreath

As you know I'm all about a little holiday decor on our front door. I've found creating my own wreaths to be lots of fun, cost effective, and super easy. I love finding a photo for inspiration and then being able to make it my own. If you are looking for a simple method for creating a wreath look no further.

You will need...
A round foam wreath
Ribbon in colors of your choice (I wait until it goes on sale 50% off at Hobby Lobby to stock up)
Scissors
Straight Pins

Begin by cutting your ribbon in about 2 inch pieces... It doesn't have to be perfect!


Next you will roll the ribbon into a circle using a straight pin to secure it like this..

After you have your ribbon roll find your spot on the wreath you'd like to place it and push it in until it's secure. 

Repeat this process spacing your colors out as you go. You get faster as you go along. 

Once  I had the whole wreath done I looked around to be sure there were not any spots that needed to be filled in. 

For about 10 bucks your finished product will look something like this... 


I can't wait to hang it up on our door! 



10 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your wreaths! I've been wanting to make some but have never been able to find a simple tutorial. I can't wait to watch for ribbon on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this simple beautiful style...I have a roll of Springish ribbon I inherited and have pondered what to do with it..
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, thanks so much for sharing how to make it!! I purchased 6 rolls of ribbon, hope I have enough! I will send a comment when finished!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I would love to do this with my residents at a senior living community. How much ribbon would you say each wreath takes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I would love to do this with my residents at a senior living community. How much ribbon would you say each wreath takes?

    ReplyDelete