Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go Display

I have been a pinterest inspired crafting kick. As the winter disappears here in Iowa I decided it was time to take down the snowman glyphs and If I lived in a Snow Globe from out in the hall. To go along with my post from yesterday I figured I'd carry a little Dr. Seuss out into the hall as well. I had seen this cute bulletin board on Pinterest that a High School counselor had made outside her office. I used this as my inspiration but changed it to be a little more elementary hence the what we'll be when we grow up.

I'm loving the finished product.

You will need: 
Butcher paper
Glue
Scissors
Masking Tape
Ribbon
Brown Construction Paper
Photos

I began by creating the background. All I did was cut my butcher paper into little hills and glue them down. 

And yes it did look like a butcher paper bomb went off in my apartment. Good thing the boy is working today and I'm home alone. 

Once you have your background put together you are ready to start creating your balloons. 

Trace your circles and cut them out. 

Next onto the baskets. I used cardstock scrapbook paper. Cut into... 

Thirds

Then 

Each strip into fourths

Finally do a diagonal cut to make your basket shape

Next your ready to finish off your baskets 

Tape your photo down. I used the pictures I had from the I have a dream door. The kids were holding up a sign saying what they wanted to be when they grew up. 

Then tape down the ribbon from the basket up to the balloon




Finished Product

Tape down all your balloons to your background and then add your text. I used my cricut to cut out the "Oh the Places You'll Go" Letters. 


I'm excited to get this up in the hall tomorrow morning. I'll post a picture of the finished product then :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment