Saturday, February 18, 2012

From There to Here and Here to There Funny Things are Everywhere: A Dr. Seuss Inspired Project!

With conferences just around the corner I decided it was about time to take down the "I have a Dream" door and spruce up the classroom a bit.

Dr. Seuss's Birthday is in March. In the elementary school world we have lots of fun celebrating in lots of fun yet educational ways! Dr. Seuss is one of my all time favorite authors. I have wonderful memories of reading The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham all by myself when I was little. I couldn't resist paying tribute to the famous children's author in my classroom via these little guys...



Are those not the cutest things you ever seen? 

I will warn you they are a bit time consuming but totally worth it in my opinion. I'm all about something that is not seasonal and could be kept up for a longer period of time because let's face it as teachers we don't have a lot of free time. 

You will need: 

Red and White Construction Paper
Photos of the kiddos
Double Stick Tape 
Blue Easter Grass (the paper kind) 
Scissors 
Glue

Start by making a stencil of your things. I free hand drew mine... not perfect but they will do. 


I was able to fit 2 things on a piece of paper. After tracing on one side fold the red construction paper in half (hamburger style) and cut out your things. 

Glue your picture down first then apply 3 pieces of double stick tape around the face. 






Next you are going to need your Blue Easter Grass

Take out a handful and begin applying it to the double stick tape. You decide how long you'd like their hair to be. It's pretty easy to work with when the tape it sticky. I began by trying elmers glue and it turned into a hot mess! Double stick tape is definitely the way to go! 

Keep adding your hair all the way around. After you have finished glue down the white thing circle in the middle of it's belly and give him a number. 

Your finished product is sure to be too cute for words! 
I'll post a picture of the finished door on Monday :) 



Happy Seussing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment