Sunday, March 6, 2016

Our Weekend

We got to enjoy a relaxing weekend with beautiful weather. The countdown to Spring Break is officially on! 5 more work days. I always enjoyed a little break before the final push to the end of the year but this year I live for the extra time with my little girl. I am lucky to work as a teacher and have these extended breaks to look forward to. It has made going back to work after having her just a little bit easier!

We celebrated my husbands 28th Birthday this weekend. Unfortunately he had to work on his birthday/birthday weekend for the second year in a row. We made up for it by celebrating a day early. I came home to find 2 boxes of Portillos waiting for him on our doorstep. My Dad is just the sweetest and loves his son in law like one of his own kids. Tom was pretty excited. We went to a local place called Red's on Thursday night for happy hour to enjoy some drinks and appetizers.



Ava and I hung out at home for the rest of the weekend. I love getting to spend quality time with her after a long week. She is getting so interactive and is at such a fun stage right now. We spent some time drawing with chalk on her chalkboard toy box. She made her first piece of artwork. So stinking cute!

Sunday we got to enjoy some mild temps and sunshine which is always appreciated after the long Iowa winter. Ava and I headed out to enjoy some fresh air in her swing. I think she enjoyed chewing on the straps as much as the swinging part. Teething problems.
Weekends like this make me so excited for all the fun Miss Ava and I will get to have this summer. I hope you got to get out and enjoy a little sunshine this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment